BYOC is 5 little questions – some funny, some serious – that we answer to get to know each other better and it’s a free blog topic for Fridays when our blog brains are fried before the weekend! Feel free to join us! Post the questions and answers in your own blog!
1. Seeing that it’s a patriotic holiday of sorts I thought of this one: Where were you on September 11th?
• Being on the West Coast I was just waking up for work and the scene was of the first plane on the news. (I thought it was a small plane in my mind) I got ready for work and we were out of milk so I went to the little store on the corner... while there, the radio reported another plane and we, strangers in a store, all had a collective moment of WTF? It was a sad, sad day. My kids were little and I didn't know what to say to them.
My cousin was one of the first responders and gave many last rights. I think this experience has changed him greatly and prompted the creation of the NYC Garden of Forgiveness
What I remember most is: Never Forget!
2. What is your idea of fun? If given the chance to skip work/life for an entire day, what would you do? (assume you’d be by yourself)
• Clean my space, clear my mind, watch some McLeod's daughters DVD's, Play MY music, loudly, w/o someone walking by and turning it down, talk to my BFF (Laura) on the phone. I can't remember the last time I was alone. I am only alone to and from work any my cell phone is usually blowing up with "can you get this? where are you? " Grrr!
3. Suggestion from a follower. Some blog questions.
How many blogs do you follow? over 100
Do you read them all or just your faves? I try my very best to do so, I read from my blackberry every free chance I get.
Do you comment a little, a lot, on all? I have to say, I wish I could comment more. It is a pain from my phone. I try!
Have you ever unfollowed someone because of something they said or you didn’t like their blog? No, I've never unfollowed anyone to date.
Do you routinely unfollow and why? see above, however there are a few that I follow that have been inactive for months.
4. Repeat question. Pick one day and one healthy thing you’ll do for just that day next week.
Hmmm, I'm going to try to grab some alone time this weekend I think. Answering #2 made me crave some alone time, not sure how...but I will figure something out. Too hard to pick a specific day but I will grab my chance when it arrives.
5. Repeat "Make someone a superstar" question. Whose blog or blog comment stuck with you this week and why?
without a doubt it was Amy's Glass Closet post Of course I dig her honesty. I just love her and wish her all the happiness in the world!
I mean really? What an awesome group of bloggers too! 80+ comments, all supportive (can I just add...you all rock!) It gives me hope that if I were ever to really lay it all out there I would have incredible support.
Yikes! I need to get ready for work.... Happy 4th of July you all!