Wednesday, March 16, 2011


I have a lot of catching up and commenting to do today!

Sorry for the absence but we have been without power since Sunday afternoon. 55hrs!
Sunday afternoon a thunderclap so loud cracked over my house I thought it was an earthquake. It came out of nowhere, then we had lightning and high winds but it only lasted about 10 minutes. So crazy! It toppled a tree down the road that took out lines and two poles so it took a while to get restored.

Mountain living! It's not for the faint of heart.

Every winter we experience this but it is mostly due to snow. I have in the past enjoyed the quiet. When the kids were living at home we would put a puzzle together or play skip-bo. I always filled out my Christmas cards during the outage because it seemed to happen in late Nov. most often.

This time though, it was rough! My anxiety disorder is at peak wig-out mode. I never realized how much distraction I got from mindless tv or noise in the background, cooking, doing laundry... things that kept me busy during the day.
I'll explain how mine seems to go. I have racing thoughts. They keep me awake, cause panic attacks, can happen at any given moment. I know they are not logical, that the things I worry about are not likely to happen. It just doesn't stop my brain from going there. It is all internal. I don't "actually spaz out" but it is exhausting. The Ativan helps at night with sleep but not every night. During my awake time they can sort of take over. Sometimes even in mid conversation with my husband or son I will get lost for a second and have to ask them to repeat what they just said (which is frustrating to them because they think I just tune them out)

Wow, probably way more than anyone cares to know. But YAY! I have my internet back for now, it is snowing outside :/

The last couple of days eating wise has been strange. I couldn't log into myfitnesspal so I tried to keep it in check. We went to Denny's after the first day for a warm meal but I couldn't eat much. I did some snacking but it ended up being my meal, nothing too bad. Apple & PB, string cheese, stuff like that. I did almost eat a brownie I had hid in my freezer but I resisted but I ate a dark chocolate square instead.

I didn't get my hikes in Monday or yesterday but I will today for sure. I have to, totally craving it and I think my dog is too.

Well, I am off to try to catch up as best as I can.


  1. 55 hours without power! Wow! That would suck! I'm glad things are getting back to normal.

    I lost part of my roof in that storm.

    Enjoy your hike.

  2. 55 hours without power? Insane. I'd be insane! I'm like you - things always on for the background noise...

    I hope you enjoy your hike today!

    And no worries on the late congrats. :) I think you had a pretty valid reason - and you didn't even need one. :)

  3. That sounds horrible, glad you're plugged in again!

  4. So glad you are back! 55 hours without power is a really long time and would stress me out too!

  5. Glad you're back. Sorry things were bad for those few days. :(

  6. I'm glad you have internet back because I like reading your posts and comments on my blog!

  7. No power...heck I would be totally lost. They would have dragged me out on a stretcher. Glad everything is getting back into place.

    How was your hike today?


Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.